Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of HLAH

I'm off to the Big Day Out! I won one of the tickets at the noizyland competition. Good all round fun, although I couldn't sort out a press pass for the BDO through Salient, as they've already tried "apparently". So ohh well, my place is with the great unwashed, should be fun though, as this is my first, my proverbial cherry is being popped and I don't have many cherries left to pop :(. I hope I can still get up there!

We've just been getting flatmates through, we just used trade-me and on the saturday just past we had around eight people in. What an ordeal! It's was mostly people coming through who just didn't think, shit some people should learn proper flat ettiquette! One woman told us she'd ring us, sadly we decided not to even bother with her, a tough but fair decision. In the end it came down to the hot chick from Swaziland or the man I dubbed "Metallica Man". Now Metallica Man (named for the Metallica t-shirt he was wearing) is more ameaneable to the flat, he likes the chickens and is impressed by what we're trying to do. Hot Swaziland chick (HSC) seemed a bit catty and Sam just said no, I fought on her behalf, her hotness helping a fair bit, but it was a losing battle, with Andrew and Sam both going for Metallica Man. Fun Fun Fun alround! Excepting the waiting around our flat all day, by 5 we caught cabin fever and dispersed around Wellington.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa said...

Hey! I won the other Noizyland ticket! I wasn't even going to go to BDO until last week when James emailed me so last minute! WHOO! Exclamation mark!

12:43 AM  
Blogger nincomjoel said...

Clap your hands say yeah!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Joel, media passes aren't anything different from normal tickets (apart from being 'free'). So you're not missing out on anything :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger nincomjoel said...

Don't they give you backstage entry to toilets, food and beer? That's what I was told, anyway it doesn't matter as I couldn't get one...

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home